Smart by name. Smart by nature. The Indra Smart PRO is a feature-rich, robust and reliable 7.4 kW home EV charger, available in both tethered and untethered (socketed) forms.
The British-made Indra Smart PRO charger maximises your charging options – want to charge your electric car for free? Divert surplus solar energy to your electric vehicle and charge greener and cheaper with the solar-ready Indra Smart PRO. Don’t have a solar PV system? Using the Indra PRO tariff integration feature, you can enter your energy tariff details and utilise the cheapest charging session available to you, bringing you more affordable charging. Or, simply use the boost button to charge your Indra with the maximum power available.
With app control, you can manage your home charging with the tap of a button. The Indra App allows you to set charging schedules, view EV charging analytics, and update preferences via your mobile device. Your Indra home charger will also be up to date with the latest smart features with automatic over-the-air updates.
Safety is paramount with the Indra Smart PRO charger. The dynamic load balancing feature is included as standard, meaning your Indra will regulate power depending on what is being used in your home to guarantee no blown fuses. Moreover, the Indra Smart PRO’s patented PESTs technology provides protection for PEN faults, Earthing faults, DC leakage and much more, making it one of the safest EV charge points on the market.
The innovative EV charger even surpasses the industry standard three-year warranty, coming with a five-year warranty as standard.
The Indra Smart Home PRO is solar-ready, meaning you can use surplus energy from your solar PV system to charge your EV for free with greener, cleaner energy.
*Your solar PV system needs to be generating a minimum of 1.4kW above that required by your house to charge your EV.
Your Smart PRO automatically receives our latest technology updates over-the-air (OTA) to maintain optimal charging performance.
With the reliable Indra App, you can manage your Indra EV charger remotely. Check your charging status, track your charging history and view detailed charging analytics and much more with the easy-to-use Indra App.
The Indra Smart PRO has house fuse protection, meaning your Indra will dynamically change your EV charger's maximum power depending on how much is being used elsewhere in your home.
Use the LED lights on the front of your Indra Smart Home Pro to see its current status and relax, knowing you can easily understand what is going on with your EV charger.
In a rush? Override any charging schedules or settings and charge with the maximum power available by pressing the boost button on your Indra. The boost button can also charge your EV if there is a loss of Wi-Fi connection.
Set a 'ready by time' via the app, and whenever you plug in, your Indra Smart PRO will automatically start charging to suit your charging needs.
Input your energy tariff information into the Indra App, and your Indra will automatically charge at the cheapest tariff available to you.
Connect your Indra charger with 4G, Wi-Fi or ethernet connection. *4G is an additional £35 extra.
On top of Indra's load balancing feature, the Smart PRO's technology will provide protection for PEN faults, Earthing faults, simultaneous contact risks, touch voltage risks, and DC leakage, making it one of the most robust and weatherproof units on the market.
Charging output: 7.4 kW - SINGLE PHASE ONLY
Compatibility : Type 2 Socketed. Type 1 or Type 2 Tethered.
Available colours: White only.
Dimensions: 200mm x 420mm x 130mm(WxHxD)
Manufacture Warranty : 5-Year Warranty
Compliance Specs: EMC Directive 2014/30/EU, BS EN 61851-1, 61851-21, 61851-22, 60529, 50581, 50419, IEC 61024-3, Electric Vehicles (Smart Charge Points) Regulations 2021.
Surge Protection Device: The Indra Smart PRO does not come with a Surge Protection Device. Please note that in accordance with the new regulations, electrical circuits must now have Surge Protection Devices fitted. As EV charger installations require a new circuit, an additional cost of £60 will be added on top of the standard installation price for a Surge Protection Device (SPD) unless you choose to opt out. At We Power Your Car, we recommend that an SPD is installed. However, if you do not want an SPD, you will need to sign this document.
It takes approximately 4-8 hours to charge your EV with a 7kW charger, adding 25 to 30 miles of range per hour. However, multiple factors can affect charging speed, such as weather conditions and the size of the battery.
You can learn more about EV charging times here.
A tethered EV charger has the charging cable permanently attached to the unit, whereas an untethered or sometimes called ‘socketed’ EV charger doesn’t, meaning you have to insert the cable whenever you want to charge.
There are pros and cons to both, but ultimately it’s down to personal preference as to which version you’d like.
To learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of tethered and untethered chargers, please click here.
At a charging rate of roughly 2.3kW-2.5kW, three-pin plug charging is significantly slower than a 7kW home charger – taking 18 hours for a full charge. Continuously charging your EV from a domestic three-pin socket can be dangerous too.
To learn more about dedicated 7kW home EV charging against three-pin plug charging, click here.
Yes, as with all our EV chargers, the Indra Smart PRO is compliant with the electric vehicle smart charge points regulations.
Wondering what these regulations entail? You can find more information here.
The Indra Smart PRO only comes in 7kW.
If you are interested in a 22kW EV charger, please be aware that your home has to have a three-phase electricity supply. Most homes in the UK have a single-phase electricity supply and would therefore require an expensive fuse upgrade from your DNO.
You can find more information on 22kW chargers here.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.