The EV chargepoint grant for landlords is a new government grant scheme available to help support the UK’s transition to electric.
But what is the EV chargepoint grant for landlords? When will it come into effect? Am I eligible?
Keep reading to find out more.
As part of the push for the electric vehicle revolution, OZEV (Office for Zero Emission Vehicles) have announced a new grant – the EV chargepoint grant for landlords. The scheme reduces the cost of electric vehicle chargers and their installation by up to 75%, capped at £350 per charger. It’s hoped that making EV charge points more accessible will encourage more people to transition to electric vehicles.
This new OZEV grant allows landlords to apply for thousands of pounds worth of funding. A landlord can claim up to 200 grants per financial year at £350 per grant for residential properties, which works out to a whopping £70k. On the other hand, commercial landlords are restricted to 100 grants a year; however, this still equates to a maximum of £37k worth of funding per year.
The EV charger grants can be used on one single property or spread across multiple properties as long as it does not exceed the maximum caps for the year. It can be used for either single-unit residential properties (houses/flats) or multi-unit residential properties such as apartment blocks, as long as the property is not the landlord’s place of residence.
In this instance, to be able to claim the £350 grants available, a landlord includes:
If you are not registered with either Companies House or VAT registered with HMRC, you will not be eligible for the grant.
Landlords can register for this new grant by OZEV from 1 April 2022, and installers can submit grant claims from 1 May 2022.
If you have registered with the DVLA, feel free to contact us before 1 May, as we may need to undertake a site survey before giving you an accurate quotation, meaning we can get the ball rolling.
Important things to note:
If you want to apply for the new Landlord OZEV grant, you will have to register with the DVLA first, so we know you are eligible for the grant.
To do so, you will need:
You will then need to complete the EV Chargepoint Grant for Landlords Registration Form, which you can find here.
After your details have been confirmed, you will receive a landlord registration number, which we can then use to claim the grant on your behalf.
For more details, please visit the government website.
Are you a landlord looking to get a smart EV charger installed on one of your properties? We Power Your Car can sort it for you!
If you are thinking about getting an EV home charger installed, please get in touch with us for helpful and unbiased advice. We install nationwide with quick installation times and are an OZEV-certified company!
Feel free to call us on 03333 44 96 99 or fill out the form below. Our expert customer service team are always happy to help.
For more information and our latest updates, make sure you’re following us on social media. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Enter your information below, and one of our expert advisors will be in touch shortly.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.