With Christmas just around the corner, we’re all searching for those perfect last-minute gifts for our loved ones. And what do you get the person who has already gets cheaper, greener driving with an electric vehicle?
Don’t worry – we’ve got the perfect gift ideas to suit all budgets for the EV drivers in your life.
So, without any further ado, here are our top Christmas gift ideas for electric car owners this year.
It wouldn’t be Christmas without a few novelty gifts to fill a stocking. From socks to mugs, t-shirts to air fresheners, there is a wide range of gift ideas to explore this year.
In fact, socks are such a great gift to give at Christmas. Hardly anyone buys them for themselves, so this is your chance to give a unique and playful gift. If your loved one drives a Tesla, there’s bound to be a perfect pair of socks for them.
Or, if you fancy smelling like a billionaire and want something totally different – for only £6, you can purchase an Elon Musk smelling car air freshener.
Why don’t you give the unique gift of a green number plate? Or better yet, a green, personalised number plate? This thoughtful present is tailored to the individual and makes their EV even more special.
It’s a gift that keeps on giving, as green number plates show off that their vehicle is electric and offers benefits such as free or cheaper parking and free entry into zero-emission zones.
Green number plates for electric cars can cost as little as £18 per plate, too – making it an easy and cost-effective present for EV drivers.
Whilst you won’t be able to get your charger installed by Christmas, why not start the process and give the gift of an EV charger?
A home EV charger is by far the most convenient way to charge an electric vehicle. There is no need to hang around a public charging point for hours or, even worse, queue to use a charger. You can charge your vehicle whenever suits you, no waiting, no stress.
Getting a dedicated home electric vehicle charger installed also allows you to benefit from faster-charging speeds, charging three times faster than a standard 3-pin plug charger. It is also the safest way to charge an electric car at home.
Early mornings are a struggle for many of us. Give the gift of portable morning caffeine this Christmas and you may well be someone’s new favourite person.
Of course, there are plenty of options available on the market, but you don’t have to break the bank to get a personalised option with a secure lid – nobody wants their car seats drenched in coffee or tea – least of all their new electric car.
In the winter, you never know what conditions you’ll be faced with on the morning drive. When its dark, icy, and snowy, it can be a treacherous journey. You can keep your loved ones safe by giving the gift of a winter driver kit.
Whilst electric vehicles may have a more consistent and safe acceleration in the winter than petrol & diesel cars, it is still important to keep a winter driving kit in your boot for emergencies.
The AA have put together the perfect Winter Car Kit which features a snow shovel, high visibility vest, foil blanket and torch; all of which are self-contained within a canvas carry bag which won’t take up much room in the back of the car.
With this gift list, you can’t go far wrong with your final festive purchases for your electric car fanatic. And, if your Christmas present to yourself is a new electric car, we can also help you out further by providing the perfect home EV charging solution for you. Call us at 03333 44 96 99 or fill in the contact form below to talk to an EV charging experts. Our lines are open seven days a week, including bank holidays.
Alternatively, view our market leading range of home EV chargers.
Enter your information below, and one of our expert advisors will be in touch shortly
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.