At We Power Your Car, we are committed to supporting the widespread adoption of electric vehicles, offering the supply and installation of the best EV chargers on the market, and providing innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of electric car drivers.
As an official distributor of the ChargeArm in the UK, we are proud to bring you cutting-edge technology that revolutionises EV charging for EV owners without dedicated off-street parking.
Our team of skilled professionals handle every aspect of the ChargeArm supply and installation process, ensuring a seamless experience for you. From site assessment to system configuration and installation, we take care of all the technical details.
In this case study, we share the ChargeArm journey of one of our valued customers, delving into their experience and showcasing the installation results.
The ChargeArm operates by extending an ‘arm’ from a fixed structure at the front of your property – either a ground-mounted post or wall – over the pavement, providing a secure and easily accessible charger.
Charging your EV is effortless –simply unplug the charging connector from the unit, lower the arm, and plug the connector into your EV. Once your charging session is complete, simply fold the ChargeArm back into its housing, neatly concealing the cable from view. It’s a sleek, practical solution that keeps your charging setup tidy while ensuring a clear path for pedestrians – unlike messy three-pin plug charging.
Firmly anchored to the ground and with no sharp edges or protruding screws, the ChargeArm guarantees safe and secure charging. Additionally, the ChargeArm is equipped with a limited force gas lift, meaning if someone tries to pull on the cable whilst the arm is extended, it will slowly move downwards and partially fold inwards. To further enhance security and safety, the charging cable is permanently attached to the arm, eliminating the risk of theft or tampering and giving you peace of mind knowing that your charging cable will always be securely in place.
Our customer purchased their electric vehicle in June 2022 and, during this time, relied on 3-pin plug charging. As an electric vehicle taxi driver by day and night, our customer recognised the importance of having an efficient charging solution that they could use for both personal and business use. With the demanding nature of their profession, they needed a reliable and convenient way to charge their EV to ensure smooth operations and personal mobility.
Frustrated by the inconvenience and risks of trailing cables across busy public footpaths, and the slow 2.3kW charging rate from the 3-pin plug charger, they sought a more efficient, safer, and faster charging solution.
After contacting their local council for support, they were advised to use nearby public charging points instead. However, the rising public charging costs and lack of convenience rendered public charging impractical and a non-viable solution for the foreseeable future.
Another two months passed, and undeterred, our customer contacted the council again, this time requesting a charger installation at their property. Unfortunately, the council declined their request, leading the customer to explore alternative options.
That’s when they discovered the ChargeArm on our website. After a detailed consultation with our customer service team, they decided to move forward with the installation, recognising the ChargeArm’s potential to provide convenient and reliable charging for those with on-street parking.
We installed a ChargeArm and an evec on our customer’s property. Below are some images of the final installation and a quote from our customer.
Contact us today at 03333 44 96 99 or use the form below. A member of our dedicated customer service team will contact you shortly – we are open seven days a week, including bank holidays.
We have fully trained and vetted engineers across the UK, meaning we can supply and install your ChargeArm nationwide. Our team of skilled professionals will handle every aspect of the supply and installation process, ensuring a seamless experience for you. From site assessment to system configuration and installation, we take care of all the technical details, making the transition to ChargeArm charging effortless.
Enter your information below, and one of our expert advisors will be in touch shortly.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.