With the government’s 2030 ban on the sale of petrol and diesel cars, electric vehicles are quickly becoming the norm. With more people switching to EVs, the need for charging stations is ever-increasing. As a business, now is the perfect time to install EV charging stations on your premises to get ahead of the curve and reap several benefits. Continue reading to discover four reasons why you should invest in business EV chargers.
It is inevitable that the majority of your workforce will be driving electric vehicles in the near future. Therefore, offering free EV charging is an incredibly attractive employee benefit, especially for individuals who don’t have a home EV charger installed. Installing workplace charging points provides excellent convenience for employees and means they can charge their EV for free at work and rely less on paying to use public EV charging points. Moreover, if employee needs are met, they will feel more valued, resulting in increased employee retention.
Not only will installing EV chargers at your workplace satisfy existing employees, but it will also attract prospective employees. Currently, few companies have on-site EV chargers installed. As such, this perk will make you stand out from other employers when you are trying to recruit new talent.
Although workplace EV chargers may seem like a significant investment, government incentives are currently in place to significantly reduce this cost. The OZEV Workplace Charging Scheme reduces the purchase and installation cost of electric vehicle charging points for the workplace by 75%, up to £350 (including VAT) per socket. Companies can claim up to a maximum of 40 sockets meaning that you could potentially save £14,000!
Moreover, if you plan to switch to an electric fleet, you can make considerable cost savings. With an electric fleet, you immediately cut out fuel expenses. Moreover, there are significant tax incentives for a business with fully electric company cars. For example, HMRC has introduced lower benefit-in-kind (BIK) rates for electric vehicles. You can read all about the current tax benefits for electric vehicles for businesses here.
If your business is pushing a sustainability strategy, getting workplace EV chargers installed is one of the most straightforward steps you can take. Having workplace EV charging points installed demonstrates that your business is taking action to promote sustainability by adopting technologies that make the planet a cleaner and safer place to live.
Moreover, installing workplace EV chargers is a great way to encourage your employees to go electric sooner. Some barriers to purchasing electric cars may be the inconvenience of using public charging points or having to invest in a home charger. If your business installs EV chargers at your workplace, this will provide charging convenience, motivating your employees to get an EV. If the majority of your workforce switches to EVs, this will make a significant difference in reducing your corporate emissions.
Soon, offering employees and visitors somewhere to charge their electric vehicles will become the norm. If your business wants to enhance its brand image, installing EV charge points in 2023 could reap significant benefits. Even if you initially only installed a few chargers, this is a great place to start. Your business will quickly become an example of one that embraces corporate social responsibility and considers the needs of employees.
Are you looking to install EV charging points for your business? We Power Your Car can help.
Our EV charge point sales and installation services for businesses come with a whole range of support and assistance. We offer a completely personalised solution that will suit your individual operation and needs.
Our expert advisers are standing by to take your calls on 03333 44 96 99. Alternatively, you can access our webchat service or fill in the contact form below.
Enter your information below, and one of our expert advisors will be in touch shortly.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.