Getting home EV charging right is tricky. But we make every step of an EV charger installation as simple and pain-free as possible. We liaise with your DNO (distribution network operator) to ensure a safe installation on your behalf, sort out any grant paperwork for you (if applicable), and keep you updated throughout the entire process. Don't forget that we are here after the installation for any questions or queries too.
Here at We Power Your Car, we recognise that ‘one size doesn’t fit all’. So, we offer a handpicked selection of the best home electric vehicle chargers on the market. From the Easee One to the Ohme Home Pro, all our chargers are OZEV-approved, unique and compliant with the new smart charging regulations.
And since we are not tied to one manufacturer, it means we only offer independent and unbiased advice.
Finance is available for those who wish to spread the cost of a home electric vehicle charger - both for tenants and homeowners. Choose how many months you want to pay to best suit your personal and financial needs, and spread the cost of your electric vehicle charger over time, ensuring maximum flexibility. So you can either pay now or pay later.
We are Office of Zero Emission (OZEV), TrustMark, and Napit accredited, meaning all our EV charger installations are of the highest quality.
We don’t do ballpark 'from' pricing and favour transparency and honesty with our pricing. As long as you’ve given us accurate information, we’ll offer you a no hidden extras quote (subject to our checks).
The 3-pin plug chargers EVs come with take forever – 5 miles of range per hour tops. Ours charge up to 3.5 x quicker.
Charging with three pin cables manufacturers supply often involves using a dangerous mess of extension leads. Our installations avoid this and are much safer overall.
Many chargers don’t have earthing built in. We use o-pen earthing devices and not earth rods in our installs – much safer and more reliable without the risk of damage to ground services during installation.
Tethered, socketed, solar-compatible, the charger choice is overwhelming. We make deciding easier, recommending only what suits your setup.
To claim this grant you must follow the rules, like getting an OZEV-approved installer to install your charger. We are approved by OZEV and help you get these details right.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.