We understand that investing in a home EV charger is a big deal. You are probably wondering, who do I trust with such a big investment?
Look no further – we are going to give you six reasons why you should choose We Power Your Car to supply and install your electric vehicle charger.
Customer service is at the heart of what we do as a business. We offer independent advice and go above and beyond to ensure we find you your perfect electric vehicle charging match. As industry experts, we always know what’s new in the EV industry, so you get the very latest charging tech and the best advisors with the right expertise.
But what makes our customer service so special?
Don’t just take our word for it! Here are a few of our Trustpilot reviews –
We operate on a nationwide basis through a growing network of installation partners who are fully trained and vetted to ensure we meet our extremely high levels of quality, both for workmanship and customer service.
By having this web of top-quality installation partners across the UK, we are able to install wherever you are, whenever you want. Not only that, but we offer relatively short lead times for installation – typically ten days from DNO approval (quicker than the industry average).
Moreover, all our installation partners are OZEV approved and are fully trained in installing each and every electric vehicle charger that we offer.
Here at We Power Your Car, we only offer the best of the best, and our EV chargers are no different. We offer new, distinctive, fresh-off-the-market EV charging points from all over the globe, providing you with an exciting and original choice of chargers to pick from. Our range is possible because we are not tied to one specific manufacturer, which also means all our recommendations are entirely personalised to you.
Whether you are wanting the smallest electric vehicle charger on the market or the smartest, we have got you covered. All of our units are of the highest standard in terms of reliability, safety and ease of use. Moreover, they all come jam-packed with a variety of the best smart features out there, such as solar compatibility, cable lock and charge scheduling. Some of our best-selling units include the Easee One, the Indra Smart PRO and the Ohme Home Pro.
Not only do we offer the latest and greatest chargers, but we also offer accessories, for example, stylish U-hooks and swappable covers for the Easee One so that you can upgrade your charging game!
Whilst our prices may seem a little higher than others advertised on the internet, it is important that a true like for like comparison is done. Often companies offer a low ‘from’ price and then add to the cost of the installation (sometimes even on the installation date itself) so that the true cost is quite different from the advertised price.
Our prices are not ‘from’ prices – they are the price that you will pay if the installation falls within our definition of a standard installation, which 90% of our installations do. We use this process to ensure honesty and transparency when it comes to pricing.
Additional costs are generally only if extra cabling is required because the distance between the location of your charging point and your incoming power is over 10 meters, or if groundworks are required (for example to a detached garage). But again, this is a rare instance, and we would make sure you were fully informed of this along the way, ensuring no nasty surprises!
Wanting to invest in a home electric vehicle charger but not wanting to pay the cost outright? Don’t fret.
You can either purchase your electric vehicle charger in full via telephone or online or take advantage of the no-deposit consumer finance available. Both tenants and homeowners are eligible!
Choose how many months you want to pay to best suit your personal and financial needs, and spread the cost of your electric vehicle charger over time, ensuring maximum flexibility.
So why wait, when you can charge faster, safer and more conveniently with a dedicated home charging point?
*Minimum of £1000. Subject to approval.
If you are a previous customer of We Power Your Car, you can sign up for our referral scheme! Every time one of your referred friends or family members has their electric vehicle installed with us, you will receive a £10 Amazon Gift Card. There is no limit to the number of times you can share your personal link.
Not only that, but your friends and family members will receive a £25 discount code to spend with us on a charger of their choice!
Earn rewards with We Power Your Car.
Are you looking to get a smart EV charger installed? We Power Your Car can sort it for you!
If you are thinking about getting an EV home charger installed, please get in touch with us for helpful and unbiased advice. We install nationwide with quick installation times.
You can browse our exciting range of dedicated EV home charge points here. Or, if you still don’t know where to start and prefer to speak to someone directly, call us on 03333 44 96 99, our expert customer service team are always happy to help.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.