With the end of the £350 EV chargepoint grant for homeowners – more commonly known as the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme – in March 2022, UK residents in 2023 are frequently asking – are there any government grants to help with the cost of home EV chargers?
Simply put, if you are a flat owner-occupier or live in rented accommodation, you’re in luck. The EV chargepoint grant for flat-owner occupiers and renters is available for you to take advantage of in 2023. Unfortunately, it’s bad news for single-unit homeowners who are no longer eligible for a domestic EV charger grant.
If you own or rent a flat, keep reading to learn everything you need to know about the EV Chargepoint Grant for flat owner-occupiers and people living in rented properties, including eligibility and grant steps.
Similarly to the previous OZEV Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), the grant sums 75% off the cost of a home electric vehicle charger and its installation, capped at £350. However, one of the core differences between the previous Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme is that those eligible for the EV chargepoint grant are UK residents who rent a residential property or who own or live in flats and apartments – instead of single-unit homeowners.
Unfortunately, unoccupied or new build properties will not be eligible to claim the £350 grant.
Important – You will need third-party permissions for the installation, for example, approval from your landlord that the work can be completed. In addition to gaining permission from the relevant party member if cables are to cross public land or other people’s property in a legally binding agreement.
As an OZEV-approved company, we will undertake the necessary checks and apply on your behalf and manage the entire process from start to post-installation. We will therefore ask you for certain information, i.e. deeds and tenancy agreements, to be able to assess eligibility. If you are thinking about getting an EV home charger installed, please get in touch with us for helpful and unbiased advice. We install nationwide with quick installation times and are an OZEV-certified company.
Browse our market-leading range of home EV chargers. Or, if you still don’t know where to start and prefer to speak to someone directly, call us on 03333 44 96 99 or fill out the contact form below. Our expert customer service team are always happy to help to provide free, unbiased quotes and advice.
Enter your information below, and one of our expert advisors will be in touch shortly.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.