Finding the right charger for your electric vehicle can be a daunting task. It can often seem like many barriers are in the way of getting your new charger. For example: finding chargers compatible with your vehicle, organising installation, paying for the charger and getting the grant sorted are just some of the worries EV customers have. But with We Power Your Car, we can help you overcome any potential issues by making the purchasing process as easy as possible! Here’s how we break down the barriers in the way of your dream EV charger 👇
Firstly, we make your options clear and easy to understand – all you need to do is fill in our quick questionnaire and then we will shortlist all the chargers appropriate for your vehicle. Whether that be a Nissan Leaf or Tesla Model X, we will make the task of finding compatible chargers effortless. You can then decide on a charger that best suits your needs based on various different factors, such as if you’re looking for smartphone control or solar compatibility. Our questionnaire will help you find the right charger for your electric vehicle quickly and easily, whilst also removing the worry of incompatibility that comes with buying an EV charger.
We will also arrange the installation of your charger for you, as well as notifying you when your engineer is on the way to fit it! Not only does this take the hassle out of installation, due to you not having to organise it with a separate third party, but it also means you don’t have to be stuck in all day waiting for your engineer to come – saving you valuable time.
Often chargers are expensive making it difficult to pay in one lump sum. However, with We Power Your Car you can use our finance partner Klarna to split your payments. Klarna splits your payments into 3 equal interest-free instalments to help you spread the cost of your purchase. This will mean you can get your charger now, and not worry about paying it off in full.
We also bring all the paperwork that you need to sign in order to get the government grant. Once your charger is installed, your engineer will ask you to sign to approve the work as well as confirm your installation for your grant. We’ll then take care of the grant for you. We make sure you have everything you need on the day of installation so there’s no faffing about!
No matter what electric vehicle you have, let us sort your EV charging so that you avoid any barriers associated with the purchasing process.
Find the right charger in under a minute by answering a few simple questions here.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.