Want to know how to get up to £350 off the cost of a home EV charging point?
Keep reading to find out!
We have created a short guide to provide you with everything you need to know about the OZEV EVHS grant.
What is OZEV?
OZEV, or The Office for Zero Emission Vehicles, is a team working across the government to support the transition to zero emission vehicles. You may or may not be aware that there will be a ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030 in the UK. As such, OZEV is providing various support for the mass adoption of plug-in vehicles.
What is the difference between OZEV and OLEV?
OZEV was previously named OLEV, The Office for Low Emission Vehicles, until around December 2020 when they introduced a name change. So now, they go by OZEV, since the focus is on the transition to zero emission vehicles rather than low emission vehicles.
What Is The OZEV grant?
OZEV is encouraging drivers to switch to electric vehicles through various grants, discounts, and tax savings.
One of these grants is The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), which provides a 75% contribution to the cost of an EV home charger and its installation. This grant is capped at £350 (including VAT) per installation.
The EVHS grant is commonly known as the OZEV grant because it is governed by The Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV).
OZEV launched its Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme in 2019, and it currently has no end date. To learn more about the grant, OZEV has created a helpful guide.
How do I qualify for the OZEV grant?
-To qualify, a customer must have a property in the UK with dedicated off-street parking, such as a garage or a driveway.
-The customer must also have an electric vehicle that qualifies for the grant (see list) The customer must prove that they own or lease an eligible electric vehicle, but this proof can be given even if they have not received the car.
-Additionally, the customer must have not already claimed the grant. The only exception to this is if a household has a second eligible electric vehicle. If this is the case, the grant can be claimed again for an additional home charging point.
-The EV charger being installed must be OZEV approved smart charger. See the list of OZEV approved chargers here. The charger must also be installed by an approved OZEV installer.
How do I apply for the grant?
To claim the £350 government grant, all you have to do is get in touch with us. We Power Your Car will sort the rest!
We will check your eligibility for the OZEV grant, apply on your behalf and submit all the paperwork for you.
All our chargers are OZEV approved, and we are fully authorised by OZEV to carry out home charger supply and installation.
Get in touch now to get £350 off the cost of purchasing & installing an EV charging point at your home.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Also available over 24, 36 and 48 month periods.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 12.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.