Choosing the right EV charger can be tricky. The chargers that come with your EV are impractical and the choice of alternatives are staggering. From tethered or socketed charging to specification and price, there are many factors that need to be considered when choosing an EV charger. At We Power Your Car, we make deciding easier, recommending only what suits your setup.
The process begins with your car make and model. The 3-pin plug chargers that EVs come with take a really long time to charge, with 5 miles of range per hour tops. Our charging units guarantee to charge up to 3.5x quicker and are compatible with all electric and hybrid cars so whatever vehicle you own; we will have a charger for you.
We also take into account where you’re planning on charging your EV so we can understand the best possible place to install it. Will it be attached to the garage, on the side of your house or elsewhere? The location of your charging unit will then determine which installation option is best suited for you.
Our expert engineers always know what’s new in the EV industry, so you will get the very latest charging tech with the right expertise. This is crucial in ensuring the highest possible safety in EV charging. Charging with cables that the manufacturer supplies can involve using a dangerous mess of extension leads and isn’t recommended as a long-term solution. We also use O-pen earthing which is much easier to install and is much safer than earth rods, where applicable.
Once you’ve chosen your charger, we make every step of EV charger installation simple for you. The final considerations when choosing your EV charger will depend on any added features, budget, or personal style preference. Depending on exactly what you’re looking for, there are plenty of features to choose from:
However, a key consideration for most people will be the price and that’s why we offer a wide range of price points to suit every budget. You can also get support from the government of up to £350 (including VAT) off the cost of installing a charger at home through the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme.
Choosing the ideal design, specification, and price of an EV charger can be challenging. But whatever your EV and setup, we’ve got the charger for you. We’ll recommend the best chargers for you, then you can choose the one you want.
To find your suitable chargers in seconds, answer a few simple questions here.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Also available over 24, 36 and 48 month periods.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 12.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.