Whether you’re a current electric vehicle (EV) owner or you’re looking to purchase your first EV, at We Power Your Car we understand that getting the home charging right for your EV can be difficult. If you’ve decided to use the charger that comes with your vehicle you may find it’s taking a long time to get your car up to full charge or it’s frustrating to have to plug your vehicle in indoors. But if you’re looking for an alternative way to charge your EV you may have found the wide range of options is confusing.
This is where we come in!
At We Power Your Car we take all the hassle out of home EV charging and have simplified the process into 5 steps to make sure that EV charger installation is as easy as possible:
Step one: Answer some quick questions about your home and EV.
Step two: We’ll review your answers and recommend the best chargers for you. Then, you choose the one you want.
Step three: Once you’ve chosen your charger, you can pick a preferred installation date and we’ll arrange an engineer to come on that date.
Step four: You pay a fixed price from your quote through our secure payment service online, or through Klarna for purchases up to £1000.
Step five: Then you can sit back and relax. Our expert installers will come to set everything up!
It’s as easy as that!
However, simplifying the EV charger installation experience isn’t the only benefit to choosing We Power Your Car:
There are no ballpark figures or hidden costs here. We quote the exact cost and then make this fixed, so the price you pay is set right from the start.
Up to 3.5 x faster
The plug-in charger that comes with your electric vehicle often isn’t practical and can take too long to reach full charge. All our chargers will charge your EV quickly and efficiently.
We know the choice between chargers is overwhelming. We make that decision easier, recommending only what will work for your set up so whether it’s tethered, socketed or solar powered it’s the perfect charger for you.
The OLEV grant admin can be tedious and time consuming so we handle all the hassle for you.
Safer, simpler earthing
Most chargers won’t have earthing built-in but you can rest assured that with We Power Your Car we use matt:e earthing – much easier to install and safer than earth rods.
Great for busy people
We can enhance the experience of working with us by notifying you when your engineer is setting off to your home and allow you to track his progress in getting to you. So, you don’t have to wait around all day.
If you’re interested in improving your electric vehicle charging experience in 5 simple steps, get in touch today.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Also available over 24, 36 and 48 month periods.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 12.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.