From Tesla’s upcoming Model Y to the new MINI Electric, the list of electric vehicles (EVs) is ever growing. Here at We Power Your Car we understand that because of this, choosing an electric vehicle charger can be a difficult and overwhelming task. That is why we created a hassle-free and simple service that helps owners and future owners of electric vehicles sort out their EV charging.
With so many things to consider when choosing a charger like grants, safety, cabling and installation it can be hard to choose a charger which best suits your needs. Fortunately, we can solve all these problems by considering any worry you might have. Need additional cabling? We’ve got you covered. Need to pay in installments? We offer Klarna repayments. We fix every problem you might have to make the purchasing process as simple and clear as possible.
Find out why we’re different from the rest of the competition below.
We are different from the market in many ways, we don’t do ballpark pricing like others. Instead we give you a fixed price that includes everything! No extra charges, just what you are quoted.
Our price includes an y extra cabling that might be required to install your charger, depending on where you are locating it in relation to your electricity supply. On top of this, our price also includes O-pen earthing for your installation, which is much safer and simpler than earth rods used by other companies.
Any groundworks needed, cabling, clips, switchgear and installation are included in your quote too, all of which are extremely important and shouldn’t be ignored, especially in the price! This is what makes us different from other suppliers because often these costs are hidden in your quote until you reach the day of installation. Avoid these hidden costs and choose us.
When your charger is installed, we will have any paperwork you need for your government grant ready to be signed, hassle free, and we take of the rest. All you need to do is sign and that’s it, sorted!
Paying for your charger can be even easier than you ever imagined too. You can make your payments in monthly installations through Klarna, which gives you greater flexibility in paying for your charger. This means there is no need to worry about one bulk payment like with other suppliers.
Our expert engineers will install everything for you meaning you don’t have to worry about a thing. We’ll also let you know when your engineer is on the way, so you don’t have to wait around all day for them.
Be confident with your EV charger choice and choose We Power Your Car. Get peace of mind regarding safety, pricing and extras only with us.
To find the perfect charger for you, answer a few simple questions here.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.