Here at We Power Your Car our prices include your chosen electric vehicle charger and standard installation. But what is a standard installation at We Power Your Car? Why do we offer this standard installation package?
Keep reading to find out.
To put it in simple terms, our standard installation package is like a package holiday. We ensure everything you need will be included for your electric vehicle installation and factor this into the price.
One of the main reasons we utilise standard installation pricing is to ensure transparency and honesty, so you know exactly what you are paying for and why. If you scour the internet, you may find cheaper prices offering low ‘from’ prices, however, it’s important to note that these installations usually do not include installation, you are only purchasing the unit. The cost of installation would therefore be on top of this, and you might be charged for additional work and/or instruments used if they do not provide a standard installation package. You may find that the true cost is quite different from the advertised price once you have had your charger installed (sometimes even on the installation date itself).
Before we undertake your installation, we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results, we will let you know whether your installation falls under our standard installation package – but do not fret as 90% of our installations fall under our standard installation package!
However, if it is non-standard, there is the chance that additional work may be required in order to complete your installation. If this is the case, it is for your safety and to abide by the required standards. In this instance, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then decide whether or not you want to continue with your installation. We will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
For any complicated installations, we may ask for further information, such as video footage or on rare occasions, a site survey so we can provide you with the most accurate quote but everything we do is to ensure complete transparency.
Wanting to see if your installation qualifies as standard? Click here.
Or, call us on 03333 44 96 99, our expert customer service team are always happy to help and will provide you with more information.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Also available over 24, 36 and 48 month periods.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 12.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.