Choosing the right vehicles for your company’s fleet can be a difficult decision. When you’re considering how best to future-proof your company and make a sensible business choice for your CSR, electric vehicles offer a great solution. To help you make the best decision for your business, here are our top 5 picks for your next company EV:
Image Source: VW Group
Launching in 2021, the sporty hatchback will be Seat’s first electric model although releasing under their new performance brand, Cupra.
With its projected 310 mile range on a single charge and rapid charging giving you 50% range within just 30 minutes, the el-Born is a great choice for your business fleet.
Whilst we wait for the official 0-60mph time, Cupra are quoting a 0-31mph time of 2.9sec, making it quick off the mark with its 77kWh battery pack. The el-Born is certainly a model to keep your eye on when you’re considering your next company car.
Image Source: Tesla
When it comes to top of the range EVs, you need look no further than Elon Musk’s Tesla brand.
The Model 3 is the cheapest model from the manufacturer, but it is no less impressive than the more expensive counterparts. The Long Range edition has a range of 348 miles, can do 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds and has a top speed of 145mph.
As with any Tesla, the interior is visually stunning. The premium finish can give your business drive the wow factor.
Image Source: Audi
If you’re familiar with an Audi for your company car, you should consider upgrading your fleet to the e-tron Technik in 2021.
This all-electric car has a 249 mile range and despite its 4×4 size, it goes from 0-60 in 6.8 seconds and certainly gives the sportier electric vehicles a run for their money.
The 71kWh battery and hi-tech interior design, with a 10.1 inch ‘infotainment system’ and 12 inch ‘Virtual Cockpit’ digital driver’s display, make this model stand out from the crowd and a perfect family car option for your business fleet.
Image Source: VW Group
The first electric vehicle of many to come from VW, the ID.3 is intended to rival the Nissan Leaf and BMW i3. It’s a crucial release for VW and as such, the ID.3 is fairly similar to what you’d expect from a Golf.
Whilst it may look like a standard five-door hatchback at first glance, especially borrowing the entertainment system from the newest Golf, the top-end performance is anything but standard. The 78kWh battery will provide a Tesla-matching 341 miles range.
The top speed of 99mph and 0-62mph in 7.3 seconds means the ID.3 isn’t the quickest car on the market, but if your business fleet requires a cost-effective long-range vehicle, the VW deserves a look-in.
Image Source: Mercedes-Benz
The German manufacturer is coming to compete with the Tesla Model S, as well as the upcoming Porsche Taycan. Two electric motors will give it 469bhp and likely acceleration from 0-60mph in roughly 4.5 seconds.
A gargantuan 435 mile range and expected to cost from around £80,000, with a panoramic sunroof and futuristic interior, Mercedes are really pushing their vehicle to the top spec of the EV market.
Advanced driver assistance tech will compete directly with Tesla’s offering and with the potential addition of the brand new rear-wheel steering fitted into the S-series too, the EQS is well worth a test drive if you’re considering the Model S as part of your business fleet.
Whichever EV you choose, we can help with your charging solution – both commercially and domestically. At We Power Your Car, we’re a one-stop-shop for all your EV charging needs.
As there’s so much to consider when investing in an EV charger such as safety, cabling, installation and grants, it can be hard to choose which best suits you – we can help you solve these issues and answer your queries.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Also available over 24, 36 and 48 month periods.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 12.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.