Referrer: A registered We Power Your Car customer and a legal resident of the UK who has recommended us to another person.
Referred Customer: A friend or family member who has not previously bought with We Power Your Car before and to whom has been recommended to us. A “friend” is a person with whom you communicate frequently and have met in person before. A “family member” is a person who is your parent, sibling or child or a person with whom you are related through marriage or common-law partnership.
Home EV charger referral – A reward of £25 for every new customer that purchases and has their EV charger installed through We Power Your Car, either online or over the phone, after being referred by a previous We Power Your Car customer is available.
Workplace/Commercial EV charger referral – A reward of £50 for every new customer that purchases and has their EV charging solution through We Power Your Car after being referred by a previous We Power Your Car customer is available.
Referred Customer Discount:
Home EV charger referral – A promotional offer of £25 off one home EV charger installation is available. The £25 offer cannot be used in conjunction with another offer.
Workplace/Commercial EV charger referral – A promotional offer of £50 off one workplace/commercial EV charger installation is available. The £50 offer cannot be used in conjunction with another offer.
How to Earn a Referrer Discount:
Home EV charger referral – The Referrer may earn £25 if a Referred Customer fully completes the form on the page ‘Referral Scheme’ with accurate details and purchases an EV charger with We Power Your Car. Once the sale and installation of the referral’s EV charger have been completed, the referrer will receive an email regarding how to receive their £25 payment.
Workplace/Commercial EV charger referral – The Referrer may earn £50 if a Referred Customer fully completes the form on the page ‘Referral Scheme’ with accurate details and purchases an EV charger with We Power Your Car. Once the sale and installation of the referral’s EV charger have been completed, the referrer will receive an email regarding how to receive their £50 payment.
Payment for either a home or workplace/commercial referral reward will be made within 30 working days after installation.
For the Referred Customer:
Home EV charger referral – to receive the Referred Customer Discount of £25 off the installation of an EV charger, the Referred Customer’s details must be on a completed form by the referrer and will be applied before payment.
Workplace/Commercial EV charger referral – to receive the Referred Customer Discount of £50 off the installation of an EV charger, the Referred Customer’s details must be on a completed form by the referrer and will be applied before payment.
We Power Your Car is not responsible for errors, omissions, malfunctions, interruptions, deletions, delays or failures of operations. We Power Your Car reserves the right to close the account(s) of any Referrer and/or Referred Customer and to request proper payment if the Referrer and/or Referred Customer attempts to use the We Power Your Car Referral Scheme in a questionable manner or breaches any of these Terms & Conditions or is in violation of any law, statute or governmental regulation. All of We Power Your Car’s decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether the discount code or cash amount is verified.
We Power Your Car reserves the right to cancel the We Power Your Car Referral Scheme or to change these Terms & Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. However, it will not affect the usage of any Discount already earned in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.