In a sleek, matte black finish, the VCHRGD Seven electric vehicle charger promises a high-quality unit at an affordable price. Packed full of your most-wanted features, the VCHRGD Seven charger comes with solar integration and dynamic load balancing as standard.
You can even charge three ways with the VCHRGD Seven. Either use the app, scan your VCHRGD RFID card, or manually plug & charge by pressing the start button on the side of the unit. You choose your EV charging method.
The VCHRGD Seven app not only provides you with essential features such as charge scheduling, but it also delivers the highest level of support with its UK based in-app help desk, meaning no matter the problem, there will be someone to help you at the touch of a button.
Please note that in accordance with the new regulations, electrical circuits must now have Surge Protection Devices fitted. As EV charger installations require a new circuit, an additional cost of £60 will be added on top of the standard installation price for a Surge Protection Device (SPD) unless you choose to opt out. At We Power Your Car, we recommend that an SPD is installed. However, if you don’t want an SPD, you will need to sign this document.
No earth rod is needed for the VCHRGD Seven as it already comes with PEN fault detection, meaning no expensive additional costs and simpler, quicker installation.
Use your solar panels to charge up your electric vehicle for FREE! The VCHRGD Seven comes with a solar CT clamp as standard, meaning no add-on purchase is needed to be able to catch those rays.
A load-balancing clamp is included with your VCHRGD Seven, meaning the charger will track and adjust its power outlet based on your property's electrical demand to ensure safer charging.
Start charging with just the push of a button! If you aren't a fan of tech, there is the option of manual charging. All you have to do is plug your electric vehicle into your charger, press the start button on the side of the unit, and your EV will start charging! Don't worry about your Wi-Fi dropping off either, as you can still charge your electric vehicle with this reliable feature!
Plug your charger into your electric vehicle and swipe your VCHRGD RFID card, and ta-dah! Your EV will start charging! You will receive two RFID cards with your charger. To stop, just swipe your card again.
Create charge schedules, start and stop your charging and authenticate devices with the intelligent VCHRGD Seven app. You even get access to their in-app help desk, meaning whatever issue, VCHRGD will be there to help with just the tap of a button.
VCHRGD are striving to protect the environment through carbon neutrality and ecologically responsible practices. So, for every VCHRGD Seven made, seven trees are planted with Ecologi.
No need to manually update your EV charger; your VCHRGD Seven will automatically do it for you, keeping you up to date with the latest and greatest.
*Wi-Fi connectivity results in a fast and seamless connection to the VCHRGD Seven app, so you have easy access to a range of special features.
*Requires a Wi-Fi signal at the charge point for the app features to function.
You have the choice between a 5m tethered VCHRGD Seven (where the cable is permanently attached) or a socketed unit for the exact same price!
The VCHRGD Seven is compatible with the Octopus Go Tariff and the Octopus Agile Tariff.
Charging output: 7kW - SINGLE PHASE ONLY
Compatibility : Type 2 in either Tethered or Socketed units. Tethered comes with a 5m cable.
Available colours: One colour - Matte Black
Dimensions: 340 x195 x 116mm
Manufacture Warranty : 3-Year Warranty
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Also available over 24, 36 and 48 month periods.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 12.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.