Introducing the Ohme Home Pro – a compact, intelligent 7.4kW tethered EV charger offering innovative and original smart charging features.
With intelligent tech at its core, the Ohme Home Pro can track your CO2 consumption levels and charge when carbon intensity is at its lowest, ensuring cheaper, greener charging. Extra savings can be made with Ohme’s smart tariff integration too. Sync your energy tariff with your Ohme, and you can charge at the cheapest times available to you. Popular tariffs such as the Intelligent Octopus are compatible with the Ohme Home Pro, meaning you can benefit from discounted charging sessions.
Despite the discreet build of the Ohme Home Pro, users have access to a unique interactive LCD Screen, meaning not only can you control your EV charger from the trusted Ohme smartphone app, but you also have the capability to manage your EV charge point from the unit itself.
Manage your costings, save the planet, and look good whilst you do it with the Ohme Home Pro.
Using the Ohme's 'Green Feature', the Ohme smart charger tracks your CO2 consumption levels so you can be smart when it comes to sustainability. You can also set your Ohme to prioritise charging when the electricity grid is at its cleanest.
The Ohme EV charger can offer you the best-real time energy prices by syncing with your energy tariff.
*Please note only certain electric vehicles can support this feature.
Manage your EV charging by utilising either the Ohme app or the new interactive LCD screen on the unit. Start, stop and view live charging data on your Ohme interactive screen.
Set price caps on your charging so you never spend over your personal EV charging limit.
*Mobile connectivity results in a fast and seamless connection to the Ohme app, so you have easy access to a range of special features.
*The Ohme Home Pro uses a 4G multinet sim card, and Ohme covers the cost of the sim card for the first three years. Please be aware that whilst signal coverage in the UK is generally good, the unit relies on a mobile phone connection for smart feature use.
The Ohme Home Pro does free over-the-air software updates, ensuring your charger is automatically upgraded to the latest firmware, benefiting you with new features from the get-go.
Download the free Ohme App and access a range of smart features such as charge scheduling, charge history and live charge data.
The Ohme Home Pro has built-in PEN fault detection, so no costly earth rod is needed.
Charging Output: 7.4kW / 32A - single phase electricity supply
Tethered or untethered?: Tethered - 5m or 8m. Price listed is for 5 metre tethered.
Compatibility : Type 2 only.
Available Colours: Black only
Dimensions: H170 x W200 x D100 mm.
IP Rating: IP54
Manufacturer Warranty: 3-year warranty
Smart Charger Regulations: As with all our EV chargers, the Ohme Home Pro is compliant with the electric vehicle smart charge points regulations. Learn more about the Electric Vehicles (Smart Charge Points) Regulations 2021 here.
Surge Protection Device: The Ohme Home Pro does not come with a Surge Protection Device. Please note that in accordance with the new regulations, electrical circuits must now have Surge Protection Devices fitted. As EV charger installations require a new circuit, an additional cost of £60 will be added on top of the standard installation price for a Surge Protection Device (SPD) unless you choose to opt out. At We Power Your Car, we recommend that an SPD is installed. However, if you do not want an SPD, you will need to sign this document.
Grant eligibility: OZEV approved
It takes approximately 4-8 hours to charge your EV with a 7kW charger, adding 25 to 30 miles of range per hour. However, multiple factors can affect charging speed, such as weather conditions and the size of the battery.
A tethered EV charger has the charging cable permanently attached to the unit, whereas an untethered or sometimes called ‘socketed’ EV charger doesn’t, meaning you have to insert the cable whenever you want to charge.
There are pros and cons to both, but ultimately it’s down to personal preference as to which version you’d like.
The Ohme Home Pro is a tethered EV charger, but Ohme does do a socketed/untethered version – the Ohme ePod.
At a charging rate of roughly 2.3kW-2.5kW, three-pin plug charging is significantly slower than a 7kW home charger – taking 18 hours for a full charge. Continuously charging your EV from a domestic three-pin socket can be dangerous too.
In our opinion, a dedicated 7kW EV charger is faster, safer and smarter than a three-pin plug charger. You can read more about dedicated 7kW home EV charging against three-pin plug charging here.
Yes, as with all our EV chargers, the Ohme Home Pro is compliant with the electric vehicle smart charge points regulations.
Wondering what these regulations entail? You can find more information here.
The Ohme Home Pro only comes in 7kW.
If you are interested in a 22kW EV charger, please be aware that your home has to have a three-phase electricity supply. Most homes in the UK have a single-phase electricity supply and would therefore require an expensive fuse upgrade from your DNO.
You can find more information on 22kW chargers here.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.