Smart. Fast. Reliable. The BG Sync EV is a futuristic 7.4kW EV charger fully certified by DEKRA and packed with advanced cost-saving smart features.
With built-in WiFi connectivity and integration with the ev.energy app, you can track your energy usage both at home and on the go, set price caps and boost your charge all at the touch of a button. What’s more, the app will tell you when carbon intensity is at its lowest, so you can charge cheaper and greener.
For the ultimate sense of security, your BG Sync EV can be cable-locked in two ways – ‘smart lock’ and ‘holiday lock’. Your cable will automatically lock in place during charging with the ‘smart lock,’ so nobody can disrupt your charging session by removing the cable. Alternatively, with the ‘holiday lock’, you can protect your home EV charger from unwanted use while away, blocking any attempts at charging via your BG Sync EV.
Earn rewards with the ev.energy app integration. For every 30 points you earn, you can redeem £5 vouchers for big brands such as Amazon, John Lewis, Costa and more.
With a three-year warranty, UK-based technical support, in-built PEN protection and RCD, you have peace of mind knowing your BG Sync EV has safety and longevity in mind.
Manage your BG Sync EV with just a few taps on the ev.energy app: schedule charging sessions, track energy usage while at home and away, and much more.
Use the LED light on the front of your BG Sync EV charger to easily understand what is going on with your home EV charger.
*Wi-Fi connectivity results in a fast and seamless connection to the ev.energy app, so you can easily manage your home charger with a touch of a button.
*Requires a WiFi signal for the app features to function.
All BG Sync EV software and firmware updates are completed over the air.
Track your energy usage with the BG Sync EV compatible app ev.energy, and charge your EV when electricity is less carbon-intensive.
The BG Sync EV has built-in RCD and PEN protection and is rated IP55 and IK10, meaning your BG Sync EV is made with longevity in mind.
Override any schedules with the BG Sync EV by tapping the Boost button via the app, so you can charge straight away.
With the ev.energy app, your BG Sync EV will automatically lock your socketed cable during a charging session. What's more, you can protect your home EV charger from theft with 'holiday mode', whereby you block EV charger use until you're ready.
Automatically charge your BG Sync EV during your energy supplier's off-peak period.
For every 30 points you earn from smart home charging, you can earn a £5 reward which can be redeemed at big brands such as John Lewis, Costa, Amazon and more.
Charging output: 7.4 kW - SINGLE PHASE ONLY
Compatibility : Type 2 Socketed. Tethered Type 2 - 7.5m cable.
Available colours: Anthracite grey only.
Dimensions: 297 mm x 224 mm x 123 mm (WxHxD)
Manufacture Warranty : 3-Year Warranty
Surge Protection Device: The BG Sync EV does not come with a Surge Protection Device. Please note that in accordance with the new regulations, electrical circuits must now have Surge Protection Devices fitted. As EV charger installations require a new circuit, an additional cost of £60 will be added on top of the standard installation price for a Surge Protection Device (SPD) unless you choose to opt out. At We Power Your Car, we recommend that an SPD is installed. However, if you do not want an SPD, you will need to sign this document.
IP Rating: IP55
It takes approximately 4-8 hours to charge your EV with a 7kW charger, adding 25 to 30 miles of range per hour. However, multiple factors can affect charging speed, such as weather conditions and the size of the battery.
You can learn more about EV charging times here.
A tethered EV charger has the charging cable permanently attached to the unit, whereas an untethered or sometimes called ‘socketed’ EV charger doesn’t, meaning you have to insert the cable whenever you want to charge.
There are pros and cons to both, but ultimately it’s down to personal preference as to which version you’d like.
To learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of tethered and untethered chargers, please click here.
At a charging rate of roughly 2.3kW-2.5kW, three-pin plug charging is significantly slower than a 7kW home charger – taking 18 hours for a full charge. Continuously charging your EV from a domestic three-pin socket can be dangerous too.
In our opinion, a dedicated 7kW EV charger is faster, safer and smarter than a three-pin plug charger. You can read more about dedicated 7kW home EV charging against three-pin plug charging here.
Yes, as with all our EV chargers, the BG Sync EV is compliant with the electric vehicle smart charge points regulations.
Wondering what these regulations entail? You can find more information here.
The BG Sync EV only comes in 7kW.
If you are interested in a 22kW EV charger, please be aware that your home has to have a three-phase electricity supply. Most homes in the UK have a single-phase electricity supply and would therefore require an expensive fuse upgrade from your DNO.
You can find more information on 22kW chargers here.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.