Introducing the Ohme Home Pro – a compact, climate-conscious, and clever EV charger with distinct never been seen before features.
Keep reading to find out what makes this EV charger so unique, and get to know the ins and outs of this exciting new unit.
Firstly, let’s give you a little introduction to the new Ohme unit; the Ohme Home Pro is a tethered smart EV charger that is compatible will all Type 2 electric vehicles. It’s a 7kW fast EV charger that charges, on average, at about 25 miles of range per hour. The EV unit itself is a smart, stylish and savvy unit that not only looks good but is compatible with all UK electricity tariffs (yes, including the Octopus Agile!), meaning it can save you money. The intelligent charger also has free over the air software updates, ensuring your charger is automatically upgraded, benefitting you with new features from the get-go.
1) Interactive LCD Screen or Ohme app – or both!
The Ohme Home Pro is the first EV charger to offer an interactive LCD Screen, meaning not only can you control your charger from the trusted Ohme app, but you can manage your EV charge point from the unit itself!
The LCD screen displays general charging information, such as current charging levels, estimated costs, and savings. It also gives you the ability to control your EV charger, such as setting charging targets or stopping/starting a charging session, all without your phone.
You can find even more features on the Ohme app, such as charge scheduling, charge history and the ability to connect to your EV’s API. You also get access to the Ohme’s intelligent charging schedules, which can sync with your chosen tariff (but there will be more on this later).
2) Say goodbye to the Earth Rod
The Ohme Home Pro has built-in PEN protection, meaning an earth rod isn’t needed. This is unlike its forerunner – the Ohme Home. This new future-proof structure, therefore, brings you a more aesthetically pleasing charger and no additional costly groundwork!
3) Save the planet
The Ohme smart charger tracks your CO2 consumption levels so you can be smart when it comes to sustainability! You can also set your Ohme to prioritise charging when the electricity grid is at its cleanest, and you can check out your CO2 savings!
4) Get Paid to Charge
The more popular electric vehicles become, the more people will be using the national grid to charge their EVs. In peak times (5pm on weekdays, for example), electricity demand will soar due to the sheer amount of electric vehicle owners wanting to recharge their EV batteries at that specific time. The high demand during these peak times could potentially put a strain on the grid, and it can be costly to charge. This is why certain electricity providers are now offering tariffs for electric vehicle owners in an attempt to balance the electricity demand and provide cheaper alternatives.
Your Ohme can work with these tariffs to analyse when is best to charge your EV, such as when the electricity supply is greater than demand. When the surplus of electricity in the grid is extensive, these wholesale electricity tariffs will sometimes turn to negative pricing (most notably Octopus Energy Agile tariff). This means you will actually gain surplus cash in your Ohme app account per kWh used to charge during these times! You can then use these earnings to charge your EV at a later date, for FREE!
To learn more about #getpaidtocharge, please click here.
You can set maximum price caps on your charging, so you will not go over a certain price. The Ohme Home Pro also offers you the best real-time energy prices, meaning you can either select the cheapest or the most suitable option for you.
So, how do I use my Ohme Home Pro to save money?
Step 1 – Have an Ohme Charger and pair it with a smart time of use tariff (i.e. Octopus Energy)
Step 2 – Set up a charging profile on the Ohme app and set a maximum price cap.
Step 3 – Your Ohme will update the wholesale pricing every 30 minutes based on your chosen tariff.
Step 4 – Your Ohme will intelligently analyse how to reach your charge target whilst staying below the maximum charge price.
5) Multinet 4G Sim Card Connectivity
4G mobile connectivity results in a fast and seamless connection to the Ohme app, ensuring easy access to a range of special features and smooth effortless charging. This is especially helpful if your Wi-Fi is unstable and you need an alternative way to connect with an EV charger.
Please note – the Ohme Home Pro uses a 4G multi net sim card and Ohme covers the cost of the sim card only for the first 3 years. Please be aware that whilst signal coverage in the UK is generally good, the unit relies on a mobile phone connection for the smart features. If the signal is known to be unreliable, the smart features will also be unreliable. Wi-Fi connectivity is not available for this unit.
Manage your costings, save the planet, and look good whilst you do it with the Ohme Home Pro!
Has the Ohme Home Pro taken your fancy? Or are you after a little bit more information? Our expert advisers are standing by to take your calls on 03333 44 96 99. Alternatively, you can access our webchat service or fill in the contact form below.
For more information and our latest updates make sure you’re following us on social media. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Enter your information below, and one of our expert advisors will be in touch shortly.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Tenants and homeowners are eligible for finance.
You decide the amount of months.
Minimum of £1000.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 13.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
A Surge Protection Device is not included in our standard installation.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.