Say hello to Soggi!
A brand new piece of technology from We Power Your Car and the first of its kind, the Soggi is an electric vehicle charger, powered by the force of rainfall.
In a distinctly different way to its solar powered equivalent, the Soggi takes advantage of the UK’s infamous wet weather, and with an annual average of 247 days of rain in the UK, the Soggi allows you to turn every disappointing drop of rain into free electricity. Being continually blessed with rain, especially on bank holidays and when the kids are off school, won’t be so bad after all!
Basically, this wave-making technology can turn every grey cloud into a silver lining which is exactly what we need in the UK. Impressive right?
Alongside a compact and waterproof, this ground-breaking EV charger comes in 50 shades of grey including Drizzle Grey, Downpour Grey and Black Over Bill’s Mother’s Grey. There is a colour option for everyone – especially if you like grey.
Tried and tested…
We know it can be daunting to invest in a brand new piece of technology but we’ve put the Soggi through vigorous testing to ensure that it’s quality, functionality and practicality runs at 100%.
As part of our product trial, we installed the Soggi in several different locations across the UK to see just how well the charger would function in varying weather conditions.
Carol Fairweather from Cumbria, who took part in our test group for the Soggi, stated “Solar power has obviously had a huge impact in the UK, but we aren’t really a sunny nation, especially here in the Lake District. Being powered by rain makes so much more sense and we found that we could make it to Morecambe and back on the charge from a very light shower”.
Our Managing Director, Kai Arter, has been working incredibly hard behind the scenes and is an expert in taking the hassle out of EV charging. “We’ve had the Soggi in the pipeline for a few years now, it’s a truly innovative new concept that makes the most of the UK’s ever-changing weather and we expect it will take the EV market by storm”.
Saving money on energy is not only good for the environment but good for your bank balance. Take control of electricity bills and improve your future with Soggi. The future is rain power!
To find out more visit the Soggi product page or make sure you’re following us on social media.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Also available over 24, 36 and 48 month periods.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 12.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.