The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) – sometimes referred to as the OZEV Grant, or previously named the OLEV Grant – was introduced in September 2019. The Office for Zero Emission created the EVHS grant to help the transition from petrol and diesel cars to zero-emission vehicles, such as electric cars.
The grant provides a 75% contribution to the cost of purchasing an EV home charger and its installation, capped at £350 (including VAT) per charging unit installation.
Since the start of the EVHS scheme, the grant has been focused on UK homeowners with dedicated off-street parking on their property, such as a garage or a driveway. To qualify, you also needed to have an OZEV approved electric vehicle and purchase an approved charger, in addition to it being installed by an OZEV qualified installer, such as ourselves.
However, the last date for an EV charge point installation under this version of the EVHS scheme will be March 31st 2022, with the new eligibility criteria coming into play as of April 1st 2022.
Due to high demand, we can no longer book installations and claim this version of the grant.
Owners of detached, semi-detached, terraced houses and bungalows will no longer be eligible for the £350 EVHS grant from April 2022.
The new eligibility criteria will still mean £350 off the cost of an electric vehicle charger will be up for grabs. However, it will no longer focus on people living in single-unit properties. Homeowners living in flats and rental accommodation will still be eligible in the hopes it will drive demand for leasehold and rental sectors. But, there will also be a new addition to the criteria; landlords, social housing providers and owners of apartments will now be able to apply for the OZEV grant.
To qualify, homeowners still need to have an approved electric vehicle, in addition to purchasing an OZEV approved charger (like our selection of EV chargers). What’s more, the EV charger needs to be installed by an OZEV approved professional, and whether it is a flat or apartment, there needs to be private parking available.
For residents in rental accommodation or flats, the grant on offer will remain at £350 per socket per person. In comparison, landlords and building owners can claim £350 per socket, up to 200 applications.
The system will no longer be paper-based; instead, it will be processed through an online system.
Are you looking to get a smart EV charger installed? We Power Your Car can sort it for you!
If you are thinking about getting an EV home charger installed, please get in touch with us for helpful and unbiased advice. We install nationwide with quick installation times and are an OZEV certified company!
You can browse our exciting range of dedicated EV home charge points here. Or, if you still don’t know where to start and prefer to speak to someone directly, call us on 03333 44 96 99, our expert customer service team are always happy to help.
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Also available over 24, 36 and 48 month periods.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 12.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.