With only five days left until Christmas Day, time is running out to get all your presents sorted. But don’t worry! We have some last-minute Christmas gift ideas for any electric vehicle lovers out there.
So, let’s get started!
Who doesn’t love a novelty gift in their Christmas stocking? Whether it’s a sweet-smelling air freshener, a statement mug, or a sleek keychain, everyone loves random knick-knacks.
Etsy is a great place to find novelty EV gifts, especially if you love anything personalised! Whether you are after a minimalist t-shirt, a jumper with a humorous slogan, or a build your own electric vehicle – Etsy has got you covered. Want to show off your electric vehicle status whilst sipping your morning tea? Try out this mug.
A car air freshener is another cheap, cheerful and sometimes cheesy gift. You can find these at your local supermarket or on Amazon. Or, if you fancy smelling like a billionaire and want something totally different – for only £6, you can purchase an Elon Musk smelling car air freshener.
Make sure you choose express delivery, though, so they arrive in time for the big day!
Whatever budget you are on – there will be something! Grab a Model 3 Phone Charging Cable for only £14, a wireless phone charger for £120, or go all out for a Tesla-branded electric vehicle cover from £330! There is a gift for every Tesla lover, no matter the price.
Be careful – these gifts are in high demand and are likely to sell out!
Whilst this probably won’t arrive before Christmas, why don’t you give the unique gift of a personalised number plate? This thoughtful present is tailored to the individual and makes their EV even more special. Take a look here to see if the number plate you would like is available.
If a personalised number plate is not their cup of tea, why don’t you gift a green number plate? You can upgrade their current registration plate to a unique green one for a fraction of the price. Take a look here. It’s a gift that keeps on giving, as green number plates show off that their vehicle is electric and offers benefits such as free or cheaper parking and free entry into zero-emission zones.
Whilst you won’t be able to get your charger installed by Christmas, why not start the process and give the gift of an EV charger? A home EV charger is by far the most convenient way to charge an electric vehicle. There is no need to hang around a public charging point for hours or, even worse, queue to use a charger. You can charge your vehicle whenever suits you, no waiting, no stress. Getting a dedicated home electric vehicle charger installed also allows you to benefit from faster-charging speeds, charging three times faster than a standard 3-pin plug charger. It is also the safest way to charge an electric car at home!
If you place your order before February 2022, you will still be eligible for the £350 OZEV grant – so why not contact us, and we will help get it started?
Take a look at our exciting range of EV chargers here, or call our expert customer service team at 03333 44 96 99.
With a domestic charger, there is no need to rely on public charge points or unreliable 3-pin plugs. At We Power Your Car, we are a one-stop shop for getting the perfect EV charger installed at your home.
There are no hidden costs as everything is included in our fixed price quote. No matter which electric vehicle you choose to buy for your next car, let us sort your EV charging.
If you are interested in home EV chargers, feel free to contact us. Our expert advisers are standing by to take your calls on 03333 44 96 99 to offer you their expert and unbiased advice. Alternatively, you can access our webchat service on our contact page or email us at [email protected].
This type of electric charger has it's own cable to charge your car.
This type of electric charger requires a seperate cable to charge your car.
Spread over a 60 month period.
Also available over 24, 36 and 48 month periods.
We will contact you to process the credit application. Approval is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. 12.9% APR representative. T&Cs apply.
Your order is not confirmed until your application has been approved.
We lay SWA cable laid at 600mm deep, with a protective cable warning tape laid 150mm above the cable. These are laid on a sand or sifted sand soil bed then backfilled.
We position overhead cables at a minimum height of 3.5m and are run along a catenary wire. The cable run should not be accessible to vehicles.
Our instant price is fixed if it falls within our standard installation package plus any additions that you have selected (extra cabling for example). This package covers the majority of homes in the UK. Before we undertake your installation we will carry out a digital survey to check that nothing has been missed. After reviewing the survey results some additional work may be required in order to complete your installation safely and to the required standards. If this is the case, we will contact you well before the installation date and advise the cost of any required work. You can then continue with your installation, or alternatively we will refund you in full if you do not want to proceed.
Included in our standard installation is :
• Fitting of a single phase charge point to a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure
• Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the charge point.
• Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick if this is needed.
• The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
• An additional three way consumer unit, if required
• Installation of a Type A RCBO in an RCBO enclosure
• Up to 3 metres of plastic trunking to conceal interior wiring.
• An O-pen earth protection device if the charge point requires it. (This is NOT an earth rod)
• Up to 4 hours of labour from your installer to complete the work.
• Electrical testing of the whole installation.
• Handover and setup of the charge point and any app that may be needed.
Not included in our standard installation (additional work) :
• Where the installation requires additional cabling over and above the amount you have told us about.
• Upgrade/replacement of the main incoming supply fuse where the local DNO (eg Northern Powergrid) would need to attend site.
• If the charge point is to be mounted on a post/pedestal rather than an existing wall and where you have not selected a post as an extra cost option in your order.
• Installation of a charge point to a three phase supply.
• Where gas and water mains bonding (earthing) is not in place at your property. If this is not in place, additional work would be required before installation of the charge point.
• Any groundwork that has not been selected during the order process.
What else you need to know :
• On the day of installation, please ensure that the area around your consumer unit (fuse box), incoming electricity supply meter and proposed charge point location (including where the cable is expected to be run) is clear and free of obstructions.
• We will need your WiFi password as part of the installation process in order to connect your charge point to the internet. Please have this available for the installer. Details will not be kept.
• The charge point must be on your own designated off road parking.
• The charger will be fixed in line with current guidelines at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
• Our installers are not able to enter loft spaces; lift floorboards or flooring; take apart any furniture of work above a height of 2m. If you anticipate that any of this may be required, then please contact us and we can discuss in more detail and provide you with a quotation.
• Should there be extreme weather conditions our installers may not be able to continue with you installation if it is not safe to do so (for example flooding). They will always do their best to complete the work where they can.
If you have any questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help. Please also read our terms and conditions.